April 18 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Tuesday, repeating until June 7, 2023
Your child learns about the world around her through play! Many experts recommend toddlers should have at least one hour per day of unstructured play every day.
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), play:
- Encourages emotional development and resilience, including helping children work through hard feelings.
- Boosts self-confidence.
- Promotes physical dexterity and strength.
- Fosters imagination and creative thinking as well as problem-solving.
- Offers a chance to explore new roles, including practicing adult roles.
- Promotes social development, helping children learn how to work in groups, share, negotiate and resolve conflicts.
- Teaches children how to advocate for themselves.
- Gets children ready to learn at school.
PS: This is a great way to meet other caregivers in the area too!